Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Weapons Training  (Read 101 times)

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Weapons Training
« on: September 18, 2020, 10:45:58 AM »
I just came across a point that I had totally not thought about previously

In v14, there are 2 Weapons Training Talents, each giving a lower cost to the acquisition of Weapon Proficiencies (which are totally gone now).

What I would like to do is to replace them as follows........

• If you do NOT have Weapons Training, you do NOT get to use the NPB (Non Proficiency Bonus) as an add-on to your Defensive Threshold (DT) at all (i.e. pure magic users would NOT get this bonus)
  •  Weapons Training I (2 CP) -- Gains NPB bonus of 1 per 5 ranks in best melee skill. This applies to  both DT and to using weapons where you have no skill (and to brawling attacks).
  • Weapons Training II (3 CP) -- as Weapons Training I, but the bonus is 1 per every 4 ranks.

Thoughts? Comments?

Offline Sunwolf

• View Profile
Weapons Training
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 10:52:29 AM »
Sounds OK, l might need to stat up a couple characters to see how it works in a mock combat

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Weapons Training
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 11:20:43 AM »
Quote from: 18005
Sounds OK, l might need to stat up a couple characters to see how it works in a mock combat

The +1 per every 5 ranks of best melee was already part of the figuring of the DT, for many versions of the manuscript before this one.

So the only change to it is that pure arms users would get +1 every 4 ranks rather than +1 every 5 ranks (in either case, the bonus tops out at +5 total).

And that pure spell casters would not get it at all (their bonuses were always smaller than those of the other TPs due to their focus on spells over arms).

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
Weapons Training
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 11:46:16 AM »
I'm honestly at the point where I need to read v15 LOL. Too many moving parts in my head

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Weapons Training
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 12:18:11 PM »
Quote from: 18008
I'm honestly at the point where I need to read v15 LOL. Too many moving parts in my head

Welcome to my world......