Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: About Magical Treasure  (Read 86 times)

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
About Magical Treasure
« on: December 23, 2020, 09:20:49 AM »
So, I am currently typing out adventure scenarios. One of the elements I like to incorporate is a layered approach to rewards. So, I propose that we develop a foraging based ingredient/treasure that can be harvested from monsters. Earthdawn did an exceptional job of this: listing magical treasure that could be harvested from monsters. This has two effects: 1) it builds in a reason to hunt monsters either for missions or for PCs to do on their own, 2) it helps build the setting by adding a unique element to write the monsters into the mythos rather than just being generic encounters.
Examples: You could harvest chitin from Insectoids like Giant Wasps, Beetles & Ants, poison from spiders, the pelt of a giant cat (enchanted for Stealth?)...just simple things that add a layer to why you are adventuring.

Thoughts?

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
About Magical Treasure
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 10:28:54 AM »
Please note the current Alchemy system in the Appendix of the playtest version....

It was designed around the fact that alchemists would want/need various things harvested from monsters (though not explicitly stated except in a few instances). Plus it requires  a lot of Essential Salts, so that  would be another reason to send adventures out (please go to this are to get me some essential salts, I have tapped this region out for the next few months until they can replenish).

So, yes, this is a GOOD idea!!!

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
About Magical Treasure
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 11:00:14 AM »
That was part of the basis of this idea.