Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Not Bare Bones? (ETA?)  (Read 376 times)

Offline Meerling

• View Profile
Not Bare Bones? (ETA?)
« on: December 15, 2021, 06:22:46 AM »
It's great that the bare bones 2.0 is out, but is there any ETA for the (?) "Full" or maybe "Meaty" edition?

Also, is there any guess on price differences?

If I have anything left over after all the christmas stuff, I plan on getting it either way, but if a version that isn't "bare bones" is coming out soon, I might go for that. (Or if the price is a lot higher, just grab bare bones and go with it for now.)

Obviously I don't expect any absolutes, just intentions or guesses from Firehawk. Things happen and reality is a bit unpredictable right now.
For example, Pinnacle just had their scheduled shipping container sold out from under them, and they have no idea when they can get another one.
So S.N.A.F.U. is to be expected these days.

Thanks everyone :-D

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not Bare Bones? (ETA?)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 10:58:59 AM »
The "meaty" edition will have artwork and all the internal hyperlinks will work. It will not have additional content.

And that I starting work on today (I have to reset all those internal cross references first, since adding the art will increase the page count).

So, the standard version will/should be done sometime this weekend (HOPEFULLY!!), and the cost will be $10.

Back to the topic of "additional content"......

I do have additional content that I will be releasing over the coming weeks. I am still working on figuring out the format I want for that.

For example, I have about 31 or so more Training Paths - do I do each as a separate PDF for $1 each ($2 or $3 for spell users)? Do I break them into the 4 categories? and  sell them for $3 or so each? Do I put them all in one, and charge $5 to $8 (depending on the final size).

11 of those Training Paths are Casters, so that means full spell lists for each as well, same for 4 or 5 of the Hyrbids.

Do I make a spell users book that contains all spell casters? etc...

All decisions to make once I get the full, meaty version of Novus 2e released.

Offline Meerling

• View Profile
Not Bare Bones? (ETA?)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 11:38:06 PM »
Yay!
Thanks for the answers :-D

Got the bare bones, waiting for the meaty one too.
It's the holidays, so don't overwork yourself.

Hmmm....
I myself prefer compendiums as opposed to a dozen or more separate files/documents.
I could see see the Spellcasters split into a different book simply due to the size once spell lists are added.
(That might also allow that one to be released a bit later for polish, testing, extended brunch with squirrels, time to actually write it, whatever :lol:  )

Again, thanks for the reply., and don't let the rabid gamers eviscerate anyone important :mrgreen:

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not Bare Bones? (ETA?)
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 10:42:29 AM »
Well, honestly, I kinda cheated.... hehehe

I actually wrote a lot of material for playtesting. While all the Cultures I made, and all of the Skills are in the base versions (Bare Bones & normal versions), I have a playtest version that contains more races, more Training Paths (and more spells, of course), a few more Combat Moves and Styles, etc..., more creatures, rules for herbcraft and alchemy, etc..

I could actually release some of this in multiple formats....

For example, that Casters Compendium, and Combat Compendium, and then still release the individual TPs  (and ancillary information) as individual PDFs as well.

A Casters Compendium would run about 60-70 pages easily, and that is if I put in all 18 spell-casting Training Paths that I have (11 Casters, including the 3 in the core rules; and 7 Hybrids, including the 2 from the core rules).

And that would leave me about 25 Training Paths (that do not case spells), that could be in the Combat Companion. I have a total of 97 Combat Moves (only 68 in the core rules), and and 12 Combat Styles (7 of which are in the core rules), that would need to be included.

And then I  could do a Creature Compendium. I have 57 creatures currently (31 of which are in the core rules, but I have a bunch more that I still need to write up as well).

And then still release various TPs (and ancillary rules needed) as individual PDFs as well....

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not Bare Bones? (ETA?)
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 09:16:12 PM »
have not finished adding art yet, so unlikely to get it out this weekend.

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Not Bare Bones? (ETA?)
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 02:20:21 PM »
The full, meaty version was released a few days ago.

Sorry that it took longer than I thought it would (found more typos that needed fixing as well).