Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Maps for QuickStart - The Tomb of Aosath Bak  (Read 620 times)

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Maps for QuickStart - The Tomb of Aosath Bak
« on: December 22, 2021, 11:33:21 AM »
Ok, so I am working on the Quickstart, and I am placing in the world of Anwyn.

So, I went ahead and did a close-up of the region where adventure will take place. This also gives theroute that they will take to the tomb as well.

* AosathBak.png
(Filesize: 888.17 KB)
(Dimensions: 1252x845, Views: 31)

* AosathBak_bw.png
(Filesize: 309.33 KB)
(Dimensions: 1252x845, Views: 24)

* Anwyn_labelled.png
(Filesize: 7.64 MB)
(Dimensions: 3300x2550, Views: 29)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 07:07:13 AM by Rasyr »

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
Re: Maps for QuickStart - The Tomb of Aosath Bak
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 07:05:05 AM »
Howdy. I'm thinking I may develop this region for a mini-campaign of my own. A couple questions:
1) I assume the word Afron means river, what does Na-Kutha mean? Is it the name of the marked city or the region as a whole? From what I see this region is situated in the Iron Hills, bordering Aelftyr, about 50 miles north-east of the Tir Tuath.
2) Have you developed a social/economic/political lay of the land for the area? Do you have any ideas already established that I should use?
Cheers

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 07:28:06 AM »
Howdy. I'm thinking I may develop this region for a mini-campaign of my own. A couple questions:
1) I assume the word Afron means river, what does Na-Kutha mean? Is it the name of the marked city or the region as a whole? From what I see this region is situated in the Iron Hills, bordering Aelftyr, about 50 miles north-east of the Tir Tuath.

Yes, Afon is river, and so is Avir. Afon Kzal and Afon Tzo both flow into the Avir Loddiel ("dd" is pronounced as a "th" sound), Na-Kutha is just the name of the town (a trade town settled on the edge of Cymbri land for trading with the Elves of Aelftyr. It also servers as a way point for those traveling to the north east to Na-Rukag and onwards to Mirrhyc for trading with the Odavi (Orcs) and eventually taking the Monster Pass up into the Esker Highlands.

TIr Tuath is the name of the entire region of the Anwyn (the whole southeastern corner). Cymbri is the Human nation (Heavy Celtic influences, but also some anglo-saxon ones as well -- Cymbri has many miixed humans in it). Aelftyr is everything south and east of Avri Loddiel. It contains the nations of Cymbri (D'Anui), Aelftyr (Verdyri and a few Sylvari),  Chorak (Dvargr), Utara (Zhuan), Duin Weald (Aeshi aka Dwelfs), and the Ethori (Gnome) City-States.

You can view the political regions on the Anwyn_regions here

* Anwyn_regions.png
(Filesize: 7.58 MB)
(Dimensions: 3300x2550, Views: 34)

2) Have you developed a social/economic/political lay of the land for the area? Do you have any ideas already established that I should use?
Cheers

I have some stuff developed, (I have to make a store run before my wife has to leave for jury duty, so will post more in a bit)

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 09:14:33 AM »
Cool. Is there a map of Na-Kutha? It seems like a nice place to start as you can sort of travel there from the established lands of Tir Tuath and then explore north towards the hills and mountains or cross the river into the forested areas. I love adventuring in "frontier" type locales, so it seems perfect for me to develop some short adventures centered around there.

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 09:53:16 AM »
Cool. Is there a map of Na-Kutha? It seems like a nice place to start as you can sort of travel there from the established lands of Tir Tuath and then explore north towards the hills and mountains or cross the river into the forested areas. I love adventuring in "frontier" type locales, so it seems perfect for me to develop some short adventures centered around there.

Not yet. Been trying to come up with one.

As to the forest to the south east of Na-Kutha, that is Aelftyr (and thus that forest belongs to the Verdyri). The dotted line on the one map up top is not an actual trail or road, it is simply the path that the party has to take to get to the Tomb of the adventure.

Don't forget to check the Dev forums for more information on Anwyn in general.

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 05:25:31 PM »
Yup- I've been referring to those forums too. Might be a good idea to move these all to the same area? Are you thinking classic ICE style module? Overview of the locale with a couple extended adventures, a couple short adventures, and a bunch of adventure seeds?

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 05:47:38 PM »
Yup- I've been referring to those forums too. Might be a good idea to move these all to the same area? Are you thinking classic ICE style module? Overview of the locale with a couple extended adventures, a couple short adventures, and a bunch of adventure seeds?

That is an idea... for the quickstarts, I was thinking just the adventures and pregens.

What I really need to do is create a 2 or 3 page overview of the setting that can be popped into the beginning of any adventure module..

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 06:17:45 PM »
100% agree. That first 3-4 pages of the SW modules set the tone and made it so you could use the book as a stand alone adventure.

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 06:43:40 PM »
100% agree. That first 3-4 pages of the SW modules set the tone and made it so you could use the book as a stand alone adventure.

Some of the modules, the later ones had more than just a couple of pages, they included a lot of the history and puffed up the books a lot, and I haded that. One or two pages would be good, but more than that and you are getting into overkill...

For example, Emer I: H¾stra and the Emerian Empire,  has 8 pages of "intro" stuff....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 06:46:29 PM by Rasyr »

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 07:08:58 PM »
True. I really enjoy the old MERP modules too. I think they set the tone well without being too heavy in intro stuff. Mind you, they were set in ME, so likely the reader was at least familiar with it...

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2022, 08:45:20 PM »
how is this

* NaKutha.jpg
(Filesize: 2.42 MB)
(Dimensions: 3300x2550, Views: 31)

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2022, 08:20:28 PM »
Wow-Very nice map!

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2022, 08:39:20 PM »
The hexagonal building with the six sections/dormer would be the mage guild

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2022, 07:55:40 AM »
I'll be starting pagemaking on the module this weekend.