Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Foundry Virtual Tabletop  (Read 364 times)

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
Foundry Virtual Tabletop
« on: January 22, 2022, 07:49:28 AM »
Last week-end I used for the first time the Foundry VTT tool.
Any chance to see a Novus module for this application or any other?
Regards,

Online Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Foundry Virtual Tabletop
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 08:09:28 AM »
I don't really know anything about the Foundry, but I have seen other VTTs, like Roll20 and Owlbear Rodeo.

And many of the maps in the Map Gallery have been made for used with VTTs. Including the maps for the quickstart.

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 06:46:51 PM »
I use Roll20 for gaming and have been GMing Novus 1E for several months. I write a few macros to create in-game rolls. I've had to adjust movement a little bit, but, other than that it's been great. I think rather than doing an actual module we should just make sure the ruleset is compatible and try to get a character sheet built that has rolls etc. automated.

Online Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 07:31:53 AM »
I use Roll20 for gaming and have been GMing Novus 1E for several months. I write a few macros to create in-game rolls. I've had to adjust movement a little bit, but, other than that it's been great. I think rather than doing an actual module we should just make sure the ruleset is compatible and try to get a character sheet built that has rolls etc. automated.

A Roll20 character sheet? or a PDF character sheet? An Excell Character sheet? or something else?

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 09:11:20 AM »
A Roll20 sheet would be ideal. You don't need one as you have attach Dice rolling Macros to character icons. But, in my experience, the automated character sheet with built in dice rolls helps attract new players.

Online Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 09:15:45 AM »
A Roll20 sheet would be ideal. You don't need one as you have attach Dice rolling Macros to character icons. But, in my experience, the automated character sheet with built in dice rolls helps attract new players.

Not sure how to make a character sheet for Roll20, but I will see if I can figure something out.

Please explain more what you mean by a "character shee with built in dice rolls" and I am not sure what you mean here.

Remember, I have never used Roll20 (other than just poking around in it slightly, so really have no clue.. hehe)

Online Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 01:13:17 PM »
Wowser.... been looking into this....

Not sure if I have to purchase a Pro account to do any of this or not. Will be checking further (and creating a character sheet is gonna take a HUGE bit of effort....)

So, apologies, but this is not gonna be happening soon, unless I can possibly find somebody interested in making one for me.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 01:17:01 PM by Rasyr »

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 07:50:58 AM »
I'll invite you to a MERP game and you can see the character sheet with a built in dice roller.

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 09:18:47 AM »
Invite sent and character created. Snoop around and let me know if you have any questions.

Online Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2022, 09:28:20 AM »
Invite sent and character created. Snoop around and let me know if you have any questions.

Ok, I see what you mean now. THe buttons send the roll to the chat...

Definitely something that would be cool to do.

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2022, 09:48:41 AM »
Exactly - and in the case of RM it recues the the "complicated" math. for Novus the base skill roll is

/r 2d10! and then I add in a + Bonus option vs. TN15/18/etc

For combat you can have that same roll target an attribute in one of those 3 bars - i use those bars as Hits Defense and Armor Rating.

I can't write an advanced enough macro to track nova rolls or anything but we make it work.

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2022, 04:09:05 PM »
Changed the character sheet to none - and added 4 basic roll macros to a sample character ; Attack Roll, Damage Calculator, Initiative, and Skill/Save vs TN. Plus gave a bad guy some stats so you can beat it up.