Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: New to the game  (Read 405 times)

Offline luzbel

• View Profile
New to the game
« on: February 15, 2022, 12:24:03 PM »
Hi everybody.

I bought the game this morning and Im loving it. I have a ton of questions and Ill have a lot more when I finish the first reading. Is this a good place to torture you with my english??  ;D

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New to the game
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 12:39:57 PM »
Hi everybody.

I bought the game this morning and Im loving it. I have a ton of questions and Ill have a lot more when I finish the first reading. Is this a good place to torture you with my english??  ;D

Yup!!!!

ALso check out

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/387060/In-Search-Of-Jafry--A-Quicktstart-Adventure?cPath=1085_40735

I just finished uploading it - it is a quickstart Adventure!

I will be posting official announcement later today (once I have time)

Offline Falcon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 02:09:16 PM »
Hi,

I was looking for a new skill based fantasy system of moderate complexity for my gaming group and someone on theRPGsite (iirc) recommended Novus. There a lot of  details in it that might fit well for my homebrew setting and I like the modern "touches".

However, it's hard for me to grasp the system just from reading a PDF and without being able to GM it, yet (I usually get only one shot before my players gravitate to something "better").

So I hope it's ok to bug you all with some stupid beginner questions.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 02:12:48 PM by Falcon »

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 02:17:32 PM »
Hi,

I was looking for a new skill based fantasy system of moderate complexity for my gaming group and someone on theRPGsite (iirc) recommended Novus. There a lot of  details in it that might fit well for my homebrew setting and I like the modern "touches".

However, it's hard for me to grasp the system just from reading a PDF and without being able to GM it, yet (I usually get only one shot before my players gravitate to something "better").

So I hope it's ok to bug you all with some stupid beginner questions.

The only "stupid" questions are the ones you do not ask.......

:)

The only thing I ask is that you start new threads for new questions.

Offline Falcon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 02:24:37 PM »
No problem, do you mean one thread per question?

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2022, 02:29:27 PM »
No problem, do you mean one thread per question?

I meant more along the lines of one thread per set of related questions (as opposed to tacking onto an existing thread.... :)

Plus I can also often be found on the Random Worlds Chat server as well.

The forums are a great spot to ask things where you want an answer that you can show others....  The chat server is if you are just looking for quick answers (I am usually signed into it, even if I am away from computer, so I might now answer very quickly heheh)

Offline Falcon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2022, 03:27:30 PM »
Fair enough.

I don't use Discord very often and I already tried the link on the left (which just takes me to the Firehawk Homepage) and couldn't find a RandomWorlds Chat community on Discord itself :-/

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2022, 03:37:51 PM »
Fair enough.

I don't use Discord very often and I already tried the link on the left (which just takes me to the Firehawk Homepage) and couldn't find a RandomWorlds Chat community on Discord itself :-/

Ugh, I think you found a bug in the software -- the link is supposed to be to www.tinyurl.com/randomworlds-discord

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2022, 01:53:56 PM »
Fair enough.

Ugh, I think you found a bug in the software -- the link is supposed to be to www.tinyurl.com/randomworlds-discord

And the links in the main menu are fixed now.