Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Use Essential Salts to cause damage  (Read 96 times)

Offline markc

• View Profile
Use Essential Salts to cause damage
« on: February 27, 2022, 01:56:58 PM »
Note: Only have read to page 75
On page 75 it talks about having too much essential salts (ES) on your body and it exploding, can you make sticky ES bombs to stick to a target and have them explode? 
It sounds like it is an interaction between the persons magic stat (aura maybe or inner being) and the ES, is there a reason why someone walking over ES does not set it off like a land mine?
Thanks
MDC

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Use Essential Salts to cause damage
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 04:10:41 PM »
Note: Only have read to page 75
On page 75 it talks about having too much essential salts (ES) on your body and it exploding, can you make sticky ES bombs to stick to a target and have them explode? 
It sounds like it is an interaction between the persons magic stat (aura maybe or inner being) and the ES, is there a reason why someone walking over ES does not set it off like a land mine?

The chain reaction is a critical mass of Essential Salts interacting with a character's aura.

As for ES bombs,  that is an idea.... except that there would be an issue..... The amount of ES needed to start such a chain reaction is based on the stats of the person in possession of the ES. ANd unless you know how much that will be, you might explode yourself before you can set the bomb.

As ofr the landmine comment, rememebr it takes an hour of sifting to find just a few drams. And it takes ounces and ounces of the stuff to make an explosion.

And Alchemists tend to keep their supplies of Essential Salts in special containers that prevent such interactions from happening

Offline markc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 04:17:21 PM »
Thanks I had thought that Alch would have or use some items such as that.

When adventuring sometimes you have to use things that are around you to achieve your task even if you do not necessarily want to. 
I had also thought that the earth/ground (ie the land is living) might negate the explosion property and in some places a PC or animal simply stepping on that substance might cause an explosion. 
MDC

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2022, 07:07:28 PM »
I had also thought that the earth/ground (ie the land is living) might negate the explosion property and in some places a PC or animal simply stepping on that substance might cause an explosion. 

Nope, just not enough concentration of Essential Salts in any one location  to worry about...