Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Novus Lite  (Read 182 times)

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Novus Lite
« on: March 25, 2022, 02:07:15 PM »
I agree. I spend all day in front of a computer. I love having books. My daughter wants to learn how to play D&D so she can play with her friends. I took a pic of her in her bed with the platers handbook and a bunch of pieces of paper with character sketches and pencil and notes everywhere...that's the ROOTS of our hobby my friends. I think I mentioned a while back that I had a couple of game ideas - one of them would be a NOVUS light for kids for sure.

Opions -- what would you think Novus Lite might/should look like?

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
Re: Novus Lite
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 04:10:05 PM »
A "for kids" version would probably be different than a Lite version. IMO. A for kids version would probably use a really simple Stat + Level Bonus Vs. TN15 for everything. Fate Points with no open-ended rolls. I'd probably use an AC style defense & damage dice like D&D because kids like rolling the different dice types.

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 05:21:08 PM »
Just remembered this forgotten project.

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 08:16:36 PM »
Just remembered this forgotten project.

Oh, that was cool...

Offline witchking20k

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 08:21:46 PM »
Hmmm...well, seeing as I have a willing play tester at home now (which I didn't in 2017 when I was playing with this) I may as well re-visit it, right?

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 09:34:40 PM »
Hmmm...well, seeing as I have a willing play tester at home now (which I didn't in 2017 when I was playing with this) I may as well re-visit it, right?

Sounds like a Plan, I would expand the tables to something like 20 levels.

Rather than just generic bonuses that are used on all the skills,  perhaps something like how  Arcanum did it

* BountyHunter.jpg
(Filesize: 45.93 KB)
(Dimensions: 463x629, Views: 17)

Give the basic ranks likes before, and then each level, give some bonuses to various thing (even let the player choose perhaps)

I would also break combat down to 3 skills (Melee, Ranged, Unarmed), and then you got from there

casters could/would have Casting and Magecraft skills, and then the spell slots,but the spells don't have levels, so would have to figure out ways for that to work.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 09:38:55 PM by Rasyr »