Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Libram Arcanis Progress Report  (Read 359 times)

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Libram Arcanis Progress Report
« on: July 08, 2022, 10:30:03 AM »
Ok, so I thought that I would take a couple of moments to mention where i am at on this project.

I have the new Training Paths for the Cultust and Spirit Warrior (previously called the Spiritist) done, and I am working on their spell lists. (also mostly done, since half of those 20 spells are pulled from other Training Paths and in some cases, just being "rebranded" for the new list -- for example, taking Shadow Door spell from the Shadowkin list and renaming it Brimstone (and rejigging description slitghtly and boom -- other spells just repeated as is). Of the remaining 10, I have 2 already done and know what I am doing with the other 8 spells. --- I may still tweak the lists as I go along and ideas hit me.

In the Magic chapter, I am adding Spheres of Inflluence -- was was in Running Novus chapter of the core rules, and is about building alternate spell lists for Clerics. I am expanding this to include all 11 deities from the Anwyn setting, and each will have their own unique list of spells that will replace/expand the basic Cleric list of spells.

I am also working on finalizing the text for the Spell Bases chapter, so that it can be in the product as well...

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Libram Arcanis Progress Report
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 09:52:07 AM »
Ok, the spells for the Cultist and the Spirit Warrior (formerly the Spiritist) are complete.

Working on rewriting sections of the Magic chapter for Casting Spells and Arc attacks to clarify things as Falcon requested.

Still working on creating the Spheres of Influence for the Anwyn deities, still working on finalizing the wording on the Spell Creation rules.

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 11:16:34 AM »
Have finished the Sphere section for Clerics.

Also, I took an earlier suggestion and reworks the skill lists for the Training Paths, putting them in 2 columns rather than multiple rows (which held 2 columns each) -- so instead of reading them left - right - next row, left right, next row etc...

You now read them left column, top to bottom, right colum, top to bottom...

I have two major things left to do...

1) Trim creatures (since you can use spells in this product to summon Demons, Devils and Spirits, you need to have at least stripped down stats for them.

2) Finalize the Spell Creation rules (the rules are done, the tables are done (in excel), I just have to make sure that my text matches the tables, and then get it all into the manuscript.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 11:18:40 AM by Rasyr »

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 08:03:53 AM »
Have added 2 pages worth of matierla on the rules of summoning and how to make a pact and such (these had been in Novus 1e, but somehow had gotten left out of 2e).

Am working on rewriting the Spell Bases (while I had previously updated the tables  (from Novus 1e) for working on the spells, I had not changed the text descriptions, and they needed updating and better clarification and organization, which is what I am working on now.

Of the 25 Spell Bases, I have 9 Spell Bases left to rewrite.

I am currently looking at 135 pages total (that is if the Spell Bases text takes up as much space as I have allotted for it, but that is unlikely, so it should be one or two pages less than the 135).

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 09:06:20 AM »
Only 3 spell bases left to rewrite after the one I will be done with in the next few minutes.

Then I have to write some guidelines for how to create Casting Options for spells, and then I can add it to the product.

I had been thinking of including how the existing spells were created, but I am thinking now that I won't put them into Libram Arcanis.

Once I have Libram Arcanis finished, I will take those notes on how the spells were created and put them into a freebie (it would require having Libram Arcanis to understand fully.

For example, here is the form my notes are currently in

15*Arcane Bolt-15            Attack
   [[12 (Base) + 1 (bDmg:4) + 2 (range:50 = 17]]
18*Beam of Light-18       1 min/rnk   Change Environment
   [[12 (Base) + 2 (Mnr Effct) + 2 (up to 5'r) + 2 (1 min/lvl) = 18]]
18*Clear Mind**-16            Heal
   [[12 (Base) + 1 (rmv Dz) + 5 (Snp Cast) = 18]]
18*Cure Disease-18            Heal
   [[12 (Base) + 2 (rmv ds) + 2 (rng:10') + 2 (not self) = 18]]

Those notations includes a lot of irrelevant information as well. I could even make a Spell Creation form to include with the breakdowns

a reformatted set of notes for a spell might look like

Spell Name:           Arcane Bolt
Spell Base:                       Attack
-------------------------------------------
Base Cost:                              12
Base Damage (4 Hits)           +1
Range (50')                             +2
-------------------------------------------
Total CTN                               15

I think releasing those notes as a freebie would be best overall.

Offline Dimirag

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 12:51:37 PM »
I think releasing it as a freeby is the way to go, it avoids adding more stuff to the LA.
I'm not a native English speaker, sorry for any error.

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 01:51:27 PM »
I think releasing it as a freeby is the way to go, it avoids adding more stuff to the LA.

Exactly, as I don't want Libram Arcanis to be larger than the core rules.