Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Problems with the forums  (Read 545 times)

Offline Arioch

• View Profile
Problems with the forums
« on: December 11, 2010, 01:03:38 PM »
Recently I've had some problems with the forums:

- Suddenly, all text (japanese writing and the english part) in the LYRA dev section became unreadable. I've tried opening the forum with different browsers (IE and Firefox), but that doesn't change.  Just a couple of days ago I could read the section with no problem at all.

- Sometimes, using firefox, an annoying second scrollbar is displayed in some topics

imported_Rasyr

Problems with the forums
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 02:59:56 PM »

Recently I've had some problems with the forums:

- Suddenly, all text (japanese writing and the english part) in the LYRA dev section became unreadable. I've tried opening the forum with different browsers (IE and Firefox), but that doesn't change.  Just a couple of days ago I could read the section with no problem at all.

The japanese part is likely my fault (the English still looks readable to me). I recently had to convert the database to UTF-8 to get the Helpdesk plugin working on the forums, and that likely killed those posts.

- Sometimes, using firefox, an annoying second scrollbar is displayed in some topics

Yeah, that is because you are viewing the forums inside the Wordpress wrapper, and it is inside an iframe. The iframe has a static height, so if the forum's page height is larger than that, you get the second scrollbar.

Offline Arioch

• View Profile
Problems with the forums
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 02:59:45 PM »
The japanese part is likely my fault (the English still looks readable to me). I recently had to convert the database to UTF-8 to get the Helpdesk plugin working on the forums, and that likely killed those posts.

So, does this mean just that those post are gone or that this UTF thing doesn't support japanese?

Yeah, that is because you are viewing the forums inside the Wordpress wrapper, and it is inside an iframe. The iframe has a static height, so if the forum's page height is larger than that, you get the second scrollbar.

Is there a way to avoid it?

imported_Raf Blutaxt

Problems with the forums
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 03:30:35 PM »
Don't know about the first one, but you can reach the forums directly under:
www.firehawkgames.biz/forum/index.php

That should solve the second issue, I think.

imported_Rasyr

Problems with the forums
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »
When I converted the DB to UTF, I think it killed those post because they were NOT made using UTF. However, future posts should be fine. Also, I have added several language packs (you can implement them via editing your profile) and it will show the forums links and stuff (not including the mods that I added) in that particular language.

As Raf says, you can always view the forums outside of the Wordpress wrapper using the link he provided

Offline Arioch

• View Profile
Problems with the forums
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 04:35:33 PM »
Ok, thanks!