Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: What is Tyrlon?  (Read 839 times)

imported_Dain

What is Tyrlon?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 08:25:34 PM »
Good on you

Offline Mruf

• View Profile
What is Tyrlon?
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 06:57:16 PM »
It is unique in that it is set in a dimensional pocket that attaches to many different possible outer worlds.

It sounds similar to Banestorm, setting written for GURPS. People arrive from our reality, so one can find polish, german, french villages from various ages

imported_Rasyr

What is Tyrlon?
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 07:01:06 PM »
Have never looked at the Banestorm setting (maybe I should, for inspirational purposes), but in this setting, all of the core races in the city come from the same fantasy world, and they came to exploit the setting (it is, afterall, a pocket dimension).

Offline Mruf

• View Profile
What is Tyrlon?
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 07:16:05 PM »
Have never looked at the Banestorm setting (maybe I should, for inspirational purposes)

Elven mages unleash banestorm hell which "downloaded" people from our world

imported_Rasyr

What is Tyrlon?
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 07:30:21 PM »
Yup, there will be bits and pieces, and groups of other races, and so forth scattered about... Tyrlon is basically where everything ends up when you get uncontrolled portals, magical rifts, and so forth. It isĀ  basically the garbage dump of the universe, so to speak.... so there is no telling what will end up there (and what might possibly survive...)

The main city is actually a colony. An Elven prince and his retinue (several ships worth), accidentally found it, and then figured out how to leave (and more importantly how to return, on purpose), and decided to basically set up his own kingdom/colony.

This will let GMs pull in characters from almost ANY game setting that he might want. Plus, He could even have characters travel from Tyrlon to other game settings and return via the dimensional storm that surrounds Tyrlon.

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
What is Tyrlon?
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 02:48:57 AM »
How is the setting coming?

imported_Rasyr

What is Tyrlon?
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 11:52:28 AM »
slowly (too slowly for my tastes) but surely (even more slowly since I got the new job -- less time available to work on it, though things are finally getting to the point where I may be able to work while I work as it were)

imported_Dain

What is Tyrlon?
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 06:25:59 PM »
Hi,

Is there any Tyrlon material on the burners, come kind of Region description or the like?
Just asking

imported_Rasyr

What is Tyrlon?
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 06:57:02 PM »
still slowly working on it...... oh so slowly... but it is still there somewhere...