Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: RM Revision  (Read 3002 times)

imported_jasonbrisbane

RM Revision
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 09:33:12 AM »
Hi all,

Ive been going nuts(silently) over the posts of "we need a new RM"... "no we dont"... "Yes but it needs to be EXACTLY like the old version, including the ;layout and art as its perfect", "yes but the RMSS" "yes but RMC".....

Ive given up on anything ICE... I'll keep playing HARP as I got my group onto it and we are stil into it (one hard core  DnD'er is going to have a shot as a GM so we arent going to throw a curveball at him like switching systems....

Offline Lucifer_Drake

• View Profile
RM Revision
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 07:38:20 AM »
I don't see a new RM coming out unless the guys at ICE get their shit together. I doubt I'll play a new version as I'm happy with RM2/C & RMx. Unless it keeps what I like about RM2/C/X but can make it abit smoother getting magic lists or spells I'll not play it. I'd rather give Novus a try or use Castle & Crusades or Pathfinder RPG (with tweeks) , a retro-clone or RMx as a GM or player.

imported_Witchking20k

RM Revision
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »
I own a lot of ICE product.  And still love some of the core concepts of RM & Shadow World.  But, I have found the line a bit stale in the last few years.  I felt RMX was a step in the right direction; and eagerly purcahased everything released in a "vote with your dollar" belief.  But, I think its obvious that RMX will be abandoned; or refitted to the new ICEs taste.  Fair enough. I owned and operated a small business for 11 years.  I made plenty of decisions based on emotion; so, I can identify with the idea of moulding something into your own vision.

The gaming industry as a whole has changed so dramatically.  I often wonder if they are paying attention to it at all?

Mando

RM Revision
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 09:48:46 AM »
Hi all, first post here

imported_Witchking20k

RM Revision
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 02:36:02 PM »
Your English was perfect from my perspective.  French Canadian?

imported_Rasyr

RM Revision
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 04:02:28 AM »

On another front, I think Blacky The Blackball (the guy that did the retro-clone of the D&D Rules Cyclopedia called "Dark Dungeons") is working on a game called "Blood, Guts, & Glory" that aims to blend the OGL of 3rd Edition D&D with a certain other game... 

I suggest checking out Darkest Dungeons - http://www.gratisgames.webspace.virginmedia.com/ - which I think that any RM fan will find interesting...

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
RM Revision
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 04:10:44 AM »
That's good to know, since I noticed Blood, Guts, & Glory sort of disappeared. 

imported_Rasyr

RM Revision
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 05:13:02 AM »
From my understanding, he kind of gave up on it for a while and then decided to incorporate most of it into this...

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
RM Revision
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »

imported_Rasyr

RM Revision
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 11:02:44 PM »
I saw (somebody else directed my attention to it -- but that is okay since I already posted about it on my personal website about 2 months ago), and only shake my head.....

GCP got possession of  HARP SF in Dec. 09. It took them until January 2011 to release it - with no appreciable changes to the contents, that was simply pagemaking...

They have had the ICE license since October of 2010, and have not released a single new product since then. (HARP SF had previously been released by Mjolnir, so it cannot count as new). HARP has supposedly been getting "tweaked" (as they called it, I called it what it really is - a revision) since they took over, and only just recently "went to pagemaking". Considering that it took over a year for the last product "sent to pagemaking" to get released, I have no expectations of it being released soon.

Last July/August, Thom announced that they would soon be updating the ICE website and forums -- nothing accomplished there yet either. In fact, the only thing accomplished regarding the website is that they butchered the layout that I had so painstakingly worked on building prior to Mjolnir losing the ICE license.

Mark Rosen (aka Lordmiller) is in charge of the RM revision. And while he is good at organizing things, he (IMO) is not and should not be a writer, and most definitely should never be designing/revising a system. As I have had somebody confide in me, he refuses to see any viewpoint but his own, and apparently thinks that he knows everything about RM....

In short, I feel sorry for the RM fans and what they are about to go through...

imported_Rasyr

RM Revision
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 12:05:19 AM »
and here is a thread on rpg.net talking about it...

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?633527-Rolemaster-New-edition-announced!

imported_Rasyr

RM Revision
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 03:50:47 PM »
And this morning, John Seal registered on the rpg.net forums to post (apparently to discredit the mildly disparaging posts I had made). They would have done better to simply ignore me....

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
RM Revision
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 12:18:14 AM »
I read through the thread...  ouch.  hehe.

imported_Rasyr

RM Revision
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 02:32:25 AM »
Sometimes, I think that he is his own worst enemy. I find it extremely telling that neither Nick nor Thom, who both already have accounts on rpg.net, posted in the thread. That they had to get Seal to register to try and discredit me, which only gave my comments more weight.

I find it hilarious that none of them wish to confront me in a conversation in a location where we would be treated equally...

imported_Raf Blutaxt

RM Revision
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 09:56:24 PM »
With all due respect, I find it more problematic that no one really took notice of what you had to say about the revision you did and the way the people now in charge of ICE went about facilitating that change ofaffairs. I am afraid it is partly due to the way you came over as very angry in the thread. This bothers me since I believe that these things should be known to the RM fans.

Apart from that I will just wait and see what comes out of the whole revision thing. I have several editions of RM, from very complex to pretty simple and streamlined, so the new one would have to be impressive to win me over, something I do not expect from the people who are now in charge of the revision.