Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: RM Revision  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Grumpy Old Fart

• Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
    • View Profile
Re: RM Revision
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2023, 04:52:59 PM »
I took RM2, houseruled it until it was pretty much the game I wanted, and then skipped RMSS and RMFRP entirely.

And from what I've seen on the ICE forums, I suspect that my answer was the rule rather than the exception. Because of that, the publishers had a major problem in that it had "splintered" so badly that it was nearly impossible to make anything acceptable to a majority of their fanbase.

Or at least that's my understanding. I certainly could be wrong about that, it wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last.
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... - Traditional verbal spell component
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... - Traditional somatic spell component
Eye of newt and toe of frog, wool of bat and tongue of dog... Traditional potion formula

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RM Revision
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2023, 05:01:50 PM »
Because of that, the publishers had a major problem in that it had "splintered" so badly that it was nearly impossible to make anything acceptable to a majority of their fanbase.

Oh, it had definitely splintered, and there was no easy way to bring them back together into a single fan base.

That was the reasoning behind the product line plan I had tried to layout and get approved (prior to Mjolnir losing the license) back in 2010. If you are interested in see it, i have it posted over on my personal site -- https://wizlair.net/index.php?topic=49