Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Star Wars D6  (Read 683 times)

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
Star Wars D6
« on: March 22, 2011, 03:15:16 PM »
I figured I should start a new thread to talk about Star Wars D6. 

I'm playing a support character in a Dark Side campaign.  He is a Gammorian that has a droid arm with a built in blaster rifle and a droid voice box (so I can actually speak Basic).  He also has some "Wetware" in his head, so he is slightly more intelligent than your standard Space Orc, as I like to call them, hehe.

I like how the skills are nested under the stats, and the skills are based first off of the stat and then you can add onto them. 

The GM we have has made his own version of the Star Wars setting.  I'm trying to get used to his GMing style which is kind of unique from any GMs I've played under in the past.  I think I just need to adjust my playing style or something.

imported_Witchking20k

Star Wars D6
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 06:44:52 PM »
I've been playing D6 for years and have always appreciated how the skill system works.  I hate players not having a roll.  Oh, which damage system does your GM use?  What is so unique about this GMing style?

Offline Darkmage

• View Profile
Star Wars D6
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 09:23:22 PM »
He blows up moons for breakfast.

Matt

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
Star Wars D6
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 04:26:52 AM »
I actually liked the whole moon blowing up thing, hehe.

It's been awhile since I've gamed with someone that adheres more to a preplanned plot, than through letting the players highly change things via their actions.  I've been trying to dial down my chaotic tendencies as a player (kind of like a 12 step program, hehe).

I think we are using whatever standard damage there is in the game.  Most of us have the last version of the Star Wars D6 rules (with the Millennium falcon on the cover).

imported_Witchking20k

Star Wars D6
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:15:06 PM »
Ah, I know there is a HP system, a wound system, and a HP and wound system.....  We're playing friday-sunday this weekend.  Should be fun.  I threatened my buddy who's playing a female Twilek Smuggler with a tubby Human Brash Pilot named Kirk.....he he he he

Rex

Star Wars D6
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 06:07:21 PM »
Haven't played SWd6 for years. Ran a campaign several years ago (for about 6 months) and utilized the cards from the Masterbook system. Had to convert the bonuses from MB to d6 but it worked out fine.

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
Star Wars D6
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 04:06:10 AM »
It sounds like our campaign is going to wrap up in 3-5 sessions or so.  It has been cool experiencing the system.  The placement of some of the skills was a little weird, but I really like how you spend character points, and can only increase skills a pip at a time.

imported_Witchking20k

Star Wars D6
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 01:19:08 PM »
I agree.  If you've ever seen minisix it has some neat options and is a realy pared down D6.  I use it for a pulp style game; but we used the detached skills rules.  Meaning skills aren't developed directly related to a single ability...

www.antipaladingames.com/Mini_Six.pdf 

I think that will get you there...

Offline ob1knorrb

• View Profile
Star Wars D6
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 09:30:28 PM »
The D6 Star Wars system was always one of my favorite systems to run and play in.  It's quick to pick up and easy to learn.  I did find that Jedi's and other force using characters a bit unbalanced, they are initially fairly useless then hit a certain point and become almost unbeatable by non force users. 

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
Star Wars D6
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 03:47:54 AM »
The Force using characters are a bit powerful, but I also think the GM was giving out more than the recommended XP each session so that made us get more powerful quicker.  I've enjoyed the game, and Mini Six does look pretty cool.  I did a mini review of it on YouTube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MriIDeDap_k

imported_Witchking20k

Star Wars D6
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 12:05:54 PM »
Neato.  Nothing like taking 10 minutes to make a character and being able to jump right into playing.  Magic is a struggle for D6 games though, at least IMO.  I used the RM spell lists instead.  3pips for level 1, and 1 pip per spell after that.

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
Star Wars D6
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 04:19:25 PM »
Sounds like a good idea.

imported_Witchking20k

Star Wars D6
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 07:09:52 PM »
I thought so.  Worked fine.