Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: best superhero role-playing game?  (Read 469 times)

Offline capmarvel

• View Profile
best superhero role-playing game?
« on: May 17, 2011, 02:13:33 AM »
Just curious what opinions on super-hero games are out there from the Novus crew?

Many seem to like Mutant and Masterminds.  I looked at their DC Adventures book briefly but didn't get much into it yet (though I do wonder how they can give Superman only an Intellect of 2 when he can outwit Lex Luthor and Brainiac).

I've also looked at Hero (and played Champions about 400 years ago), but don't like all the math involved.

So, if you have an opinion or an experience (good or bad) you'd like to share, I'd appreciate it.

imported_Witchking20k

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 12:24:24 PM »
Old School Marvel Super Heroes.  No math required; and the random character generation is just plain fun.  Producing a Super-Vegetable with energy beams....he he he....

Offline Sunwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 11:57:26 PM »
My personal favorite was always the old Mayfair DC Heroes system which when last in print was Blood of Heroes (without DC Branding), loved the roll again on doubles and add.

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 12:03:04 AM »
I vaguely remember that. Though I have always been a Champions fan myself. I have tried other supers systems, but not ever really found one that I liked as much as Champions, likely because of the difficulty getting exactly the sort of powers/abilities I would want for my character.

Offline Mruf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 09:29:55 PM »
IMHO the best roleplay for those who love to be a hero is Savage Worlds. One can create there real killing monster. Fights aren't lethal for you can spend one of few boons and are back among living