Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Novus/Harnworld  (Read 644 times)

imported_Rasyr

Novus/Harnworld
« on: June 05, 2011, 04:59:19 PM »
Okay, I have recently received official permission to begin working on an official Novus/HarnWorld document (for free distribution). It will likely take me at least several months to complete and get ready for release.

If anybody is willing to help out on it a little bit, feel free to let me know, and we can work on coordinating things accordingly.

Note: this is going to be a free product, and there is no budget for it at all, so I cannot offer any compensation for any volunteers.

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 05:21:25 PM »
I don't know what kind of help you pay need, and I have never played any Harn game. But if I can give you a hand, let me know.

imported_Rasyr

Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 05:25:12 PM »
If you have seen the HARP/HARN document that NUNU created for Mjolnir last August, then that should give you an idea of what this document will end up looking like.

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 10:16:46 AM »
I have read this document and should be able to help you making something like that.

Offline Craig CRM

• View Profile
Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 07:27:27 PM »
Hey Rasyr, I'm a big Harniac and have used the setting in 4 campaigns.  Aside from using Harnmaster, I've also ran (converted) RMSS, RQ and a homebrewed system in those games.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

imported_Rasyr

Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 07:28:55 PM »
I will definitely need folks to check out my conversion notes and everything. I once did my own RMSS conversion of the Shek-P'vari.

imported_Witchking20k

Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 01:59:14 AM »
Any update on the Harnworld/Novus setting?

imported_Rasyr

Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 04:36:37 AM »
In progress...

Offline Warden

• View Profile
Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 12:30:42 AM »
How progresses the progressing?

You're going to say 'it progresses' aren't you?

imported_Rasyr

Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 01:17:44 AM »
naw, gonna say "slowly" as I am only one person, and am trying to get version 0.7 of the Open Beta done (then I will be back to do more on this).

Offline Warden

• View Profile
Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 10:17:31 AM »

naw, gonna say "slowly" as I am only one person, and am trying to get version 0.7 of the Open Beta done (then I will be back to do more on this).

I just found the HARP/Harn pdf you did.

We're in good hands

imported_Rasyr

Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »
I am not the one who did the HARP/Harn PDF (though I did do a little consulting with the fellow who did do it).

If you go to this link, you can download a VERY VERY early RMSS/Harn thing that I worked up many many years ago (before I ever worked for Mjolnir/ICE) http://www.wizlair.net/downloads?did=19

The trickiest part, I think is going to be reworking the spells to form the 6 convocations you find in Harn, and creating the mechanism for a character to become a Grey Mage. But that is okay, because the way that the Mage (Classic) is setup, it will be easy to work in the special costs for each Convocation -- such as follows:

Primary = 1/2/4/6/8/10/12/15
Secondary = 2/3/5/7/9/11/13/15
Tertiary = 3/5/7/9/11/13/15/15
Opposing = 3/5/7/9/11/13/15/15
(note: the cost breaks every 5 ranks)

And of course, the rules from Libram Novus #1 would apply as well (since journeyman mages are supposed to return after a year and a day and have a new spell and/or item for the guild.

Offline Warden

• View Profile
Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 11:54:52 PM »
Isn't there a new version of Novus due out soon?

If so, I think I'll just wait for that to come out, digest it all, and then wait for the Harn doc. to come out. Meanwhile I'll be using Novus to run Harn. Hand wave what needs hand waving.

imported_Rasyr

Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 01:10:31 AM »
Yes, I am working on version 0.7 of the Open Beta now

You can visit this thread -- http://www.firehawkgames.biz/forum/index.php?topic=772.0 -- to see a list of changes/additions that I am working on

imported_Rasyr

Novus/Harnworld
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 02:54:10 AM »
Now that version 0.7 of the Open Beta has been released, I can start working on this conversion again (for a couple of weeks, at least).