Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: [Shek-P'var] Odivshe  (Read 474 times)

imported_Rasyr

[Shek-P'var] Odivshe
« on: October 05, 2011, 09:29:18 PM »
Odivshe (Oh - DIV - shay)

Odivshe is the magic of slow, cool darkness, the opposite of fire and action. Odivshe mages study and manipulate water, ice, darkness, and cold to achieve their ends. They also make use of Ethereal Water, the counterpart of Ethereal Fire. Odivshe incorporate water, snow, or ice in their foci.

Hue: Blue

Element: Water

Essence: Cold/Darkness/Moisture

Stats: Willpower and Dexterity

Specialties: Waves, Precipitation, Movement Reduction

Potentially Favored Skills: Athletics,Craft (Fishing), Craft (Sailing), Craft (Brewing), Navigation

Harn Magic Spell List

• Azure Hand (I) -  gently reduces the temperature of an object -- good for heat related ailments such as sun stroke, etc.
  • Power of Valden (I) -  makes target more bouyant, giving bonus to swimming (i.e. Athletics)
  • Chalsa's Sponge (II) - reduces water loss (sweat, tears, urine, etc), reduces need for water, but not actual thirst - useful for crossing arid/desert terrains (though not comfortably)
  • Shadow of Yanar (II) -  sphere of darkness - amount of darkness based upon how much ambient light in area, caster is able to see perfectly in this darkness
  • Breath of Dhivu (III) -  cone of cold - does cold damage
  • Mouth of Lathal (III) -  breathe water not air (exceptional casting can allow for breathing both)
  • Pall of Veshal (IV) -  fog issues from mouth, all within must Save or be fatigued
  • Curse of Balrin (IV) -  fills area with Ethereal Water, retains shape for duration, then flows away in 2 rounds (regardless of drainage), caster immune to the effects (i.e. won't drown)
  • Figure of Aumos (V) -  caster turns to water and flows away, leaving clothes and possessions behind, reforms in 2-36 days (depending upon degree of success in casting), usually reforms in nearby river or lake
  • Fiend of Alsai-Dom (VI) -  creates elemental fiend made of water (i.e. summons a water elemental) in a body of water. It is semi-intelligent and can leave the body of water. Must be controlled, but it can follow simple commands while under control.

[/list]