Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Magic vs. Psionic [was Re: Volyri]  (Read 430 times)

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
Magic vs. Psionic [was Re: Volyri]
« on: April 13, 2012, 10:08:31 AM »
I am not a great fan of magic and psionic in the same setting. OTOH, it may be only another set of specific powers like chi. One point to address if you introduce psi powers is the way it interacts with magic (does a dispel magic affects a psi power,...).
What about creating racial spell lists to reflect some specific racial abilities. For example, the Volyri could have racial access to a Shape Energy list which includes your proposed powers and based on willpower or constitution for power points.

imported_Rasyr

Magic vs. Psionic [was Re: Volyri]
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »
Note: I split this post off because I thought that the discussion deserved its own thread....

I am not a great fan of magic and psionic in the same setting. OTOH, it may be only another set of specific powers like chi. One point to address if you introduce psi powers is the way it interacts with magic (does a dispel magic affects a psi power,...).

As I said, I am only considering it at the moment... 

What about creating racial spell lists to reflect some specific racial abilities. For example, the Volyri could have racial access to a Shape Energy list which includes your proposed powers and based on willpower or constitution for power points.

Hmm... that is a possibility as well... But I would prefer to stay away from "racial spells". Afterall, this is one of the reasons I did all of those Talents in Libram Novus #3 and made sure not to specify a "source" if I didn't have to....  I wanted to allow for players to describe that themselves...