Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Strangers IC Thread  (Read 2635 times)

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
Strangers IC Thread
« on: September 12, 2012, 02:45:00 AM »
This thread will be where in character things are said, actions are stated.  Please put dice rolls in the OOC thread, and any out of character chatter as well.  If you must include some short OOC statements please put them in some parentheses  ((like so)).  Anything that is more than a line of text should probably go in the OOC thread.

Here is an example post:

Thalim walks over to the strange looking plants and bends down to sniff them.

"I've never seen anything quite like this thing...  I wonder if it is edible?"

((Survival Skill +12))

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 04:01:50 AM »
You awake in a strange land with no memory of who you were or why you are here.  What strange mysteries does this place hold, and will you survive them?  You are surrounded by 4 feet tall grass that is greenish-purple in color.  In the distance to the North you see what appears to be ancient and strange ruins, but you will have to get a closer look to be sure. 

Around you are various strangers that you know nothing about; most of them look unfamiliar to you.  There is one individual for each of you however that you seem to feel is someone that is meant to help and aid you in your travels.  This is a vague and fuzzy thought however, but they seem loyal. 

You can't remember your own name, or anything about your past life before you awoke here.  All you know about your past is what you can gleam from what race & sex you are, and what items you have on your person.  You do possess certain abilities and skills however and you know them like the back of your hand. 

There are strange four-legged flightless birds that are mounted with saddles, and it seems every one of you has one of these bizarre mounts.  They seem loyal in their own fashion... but slightly ornery as well.

((We will start when characters are made)).

[attachment[/attachment]

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 02:04:40 AM »
A warm and moist wind blows and it has a smell of sickeningly sweet pollen to it. 

((The game has begun, post at will)).

Online Fidoric

• View Profile
Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »
"Well met everybody. My name is... That's funny, it seems I can't remember my own name.
Every one is OK ? Anyone knows anything about this place ? ".
Eneis have a quick look around to assess the situation and try to clear his mind.

imported_Viktyr Korimir

Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 02:35:05 AM »
The lie came unbidden to his mind; has he been in this situation before? "I am known as Adahn."

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 12:45:59 PM »
The large sun above has a slight red glow to it that seems strange for some reason.  It is hot, and some sweat is starting to form on your brows.  There is a sudden chirping of insects, and a small cloud of them take to the air when you first begin to talk.  The thrum of their multicolored wings sounds like an army beating on small drums. 

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 01:33:41 AM »
The sound of what you assume is a large gong can be heard coming from the ruined structure in the distance.  It gongs 3 times and then it is silent.

imported_Viktyr Korimir

Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 08:27:51 AM »
"We'll need shelter soon. I'm going to investigate those ruins... you are welcome to join me." Adahn waits politely.

imported_Rasyr

Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 01:12:14 PM »
"Hm..." says the Halfling, "I also know not where we are or how we came to be here. However, before we go haring off to explore the unknown, it might be worthwhile to at least take an inventory of our belongings, as that may give us some clue as to our identities."

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 03:09:08 PM »
Your servants seem to take the hint, and start opening up their packs to reveal what they all have.  There are lots of various items of equipment, some food, and other sundry items.

imported_Viktyr Korimir

Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 03:39:23 AM »
"We are all armed. That suggests either military or aristocratic backgrounds. We're all carrying food rations and other traveling gear... are we adventurers, perhaps? Scouts?"

imported_Rasyr

Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 02:16:31 PM »
"Hmm.... I am.... a student of wisdom and I am on..... a journey of enlightenment. I think. Details about myself are hazy, at best, but I feel that I follow a path that unites my body, mind, and soul. And while I carry a dagger and a baton, I feel that I need them not to defend myself."

The Halfling looks towards the one human who is near him and who seems intent upon helping him. "I feel a certain connection to you, like you are my responsibility. Be sure to stay back, away from any danger we may encounter. I shall protect you."

Offline samwise7

• View Profile
Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 03:42:48 PM »
The swarm of insects seems to be slowly circling high above you all in the sky.

Online Fidoric

• View Profile
Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 07:50:45 AM »
"It seems we all have hazy memories. Maybe this strange grass has something to do with it. I know some mushrooms that could do such a thing...
Nevertheless, I feel confident. We all look like decent folks and I feel the good spirits smile upon us.
I agree with you. Let's check and pack our gear and then go to those ruins. They are inhabited so we might be able to collect some pieces of information."

Offline Arnwald

• View Profile
Strangers IC Thread
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 04:00:50 PM »
Ag-Nor grabs his equipment hastily while keeping an eye on the band of strangers ; his gaze displays both confidence and caution...

"I do not remember my name either it seems. Perhaps these ruins within sight hold some sort of a key to this mystery. Although it pains me to admit it aloud, I agree with the elf. Let us press on".