Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: [The One Ring] Premade PCs conversion  (Read 461 times)

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
[The One Ring] Premade PCs conversion
« on: January 18, 2013, 07:09:57 PM »
I have been a Middle-Earth fan for a long time now.
I have tried most dedicated RPG systems. I like the way TOR gives a distinct tolkienish feel to the game. On the other hand, I think that Novus, even if it is a generic system (not ME themed), can it successfully be used in such a setting.
Some rules have to be added (corruption for example). Novus has been made to be tweaked though, so it should not be difficult.
I have decided to convert some PCs from TOR in Novus, just to see if it would be difficult or not. It was very easy. Those characters can be fond in attachment for those who may want to use them (as PCs or NPCs). There are only stats, skills and talents along with some Equipment but no background elements.
Hope you enjoy them.

[attachment[/attachment]

Offline Aiwendil

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 12:14:11 PM »
I would like to echo Fidoric's comments regarding The One Ring RPG. I recently purchased the slip-case and two supplements (a module describing Lake-Town and a collection of adventures in the Wilderland). With respect to both form (spacing, illustrations, paper quality, etc...) and content (mechanics), the product line is simply outstanding.

Like Fidoric, I am a big fan of the Middle Earth setting. I have been playing in or running games using both the MERP/RM and Decipher systems. While good, they definitely gave the impression of being shoehorned into the theme. The One Ring, in contrast, was clearly created from the ground-up to capture the feel of Middle Earth. And, as a result, the end-product is phenomenal.

Highly recommended.

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »
Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy them and enjoy playing Novus!

I used to love the old MERP modules simply because they were so well don that they could be utilized in almost any setting. However, I never really got into the MERP system or Decipher's or The One Ring, mostly because I (personally) have a dislike of trying to play settings that are based on books/shows.

Offline Aiwendil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 10:40:39 PM »
Thank you for the kind words Tim. I actually did purchase a copy of Novus Deluxe via drivethrurpg.com when it first came out. Coming from MERP/RM/HARP, I like the system. Kudos.

For me, Middle Earth is my favorite setting, with Hyboria (Conan) a close second... Talk about radically different worlds! My main problem is that I have very limited time (job, family) so the ability to rely on a large body of literary work (Tolkien or Howard) and modules/supplements (TOR adventures for Middle Earth, D20 OGL supplements for Conan), certainly makes my life easier.

I am in fact recruiting PBM players via various forums for a TOR campaign I plan to start soon. If anyone is interested (that includes you too Tim!), feel free to shoot me a PM.

Cheers,

Aiwendil