Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Dark Sun Novus  (Read 581 times)

Offline KFC

• View Profile
Dark Sun Novus
« on: November 18, 2013, 10:56:44 PM »
Hello guys!
I'm going to make a Dark Sun conversion for my next campaign, mainly from material written for unofficial DS 3 edition.
Converting characters, magic, and other stuff doesn't seems to be a hard deal. But what I find the most difficult are the D&D monsters.
As Tim Dugger wrote somewhere on this forum it would be best not to copy them straight from the monster manual, but I have little knowledge of Novus yet (and D&D 3.5 also), so for now it's the only way for me..
Any tips, advices, maybe some easy formula to adapt D&D 3.5 creature stats to Novus?
(As I can't write them from the scratch, even with help from Libram Novus #7).

Also any other advices concerning this conversion are welcome

imported_Rasyr

Dark Sun Novus
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 03:24:28 PM »
I actually have an excel spreadsheet setup that allows me to quickly create (and tweak monsters) accordingly.

I'll see if I can work up something that I can release to aid in creating monsters. Kinda like a form, where you answer a few questions or such, and it then generates the end result stats for you. This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while anyways.

Perhaps, I can then also finish the Monster Cards as well (PDF of "cards" that you can print out with Monster stats on them to have them handy - and then blank cards to allow for creating your own monster cards as well....)

Offline KFC

• View Profile
Dark Sun Novus
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:31:44 PM »
Wow, that'd be awesome!  It was good choice to decide on this game system for my upcoming campaign.

imported_Rasyr

Dark Sun Novus
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 01:10:31 AM »

I'm surprised how GM firendly and versatile Novus engine is.

That was actually part of the design goals I had when writing it... Be sure to let others know how much you like it!

Offline Trentin Bergeron

• FX Playtesters
    • View Profile
    • https://www.trechriron.com
Dark Sun Novus
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 05:43:39 PM »
KFC - How's the Conversion coming along?
Trentin C Bergeron
Bard, Creative, & RPG Enthusiast

Offline Dorchadas

• View Profile
Dark Sun Novus
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »
I second the curiosity on progress. Dark Sun is one of my favorite RPG settings out there, and I'd love to see a Novus version of it!

imported_Rasyr

Dark Sun Novus
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 01:57:37 PM »
I am curious as well (and I am working on a psionics system for Novus), and would love to see how you integrate the two...

imported_Witchking20k

Dark Sun Novus
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 02:16:58 PM »
I didn't last very long playing Dark Sun....ah the posterity....the setting was really captivating for me.  But, the DM decided to run a Ravenloft game so all our Dark Sun characters got poofed away into Ravenloft, making for some very out of place characters.