Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Custom Classes, Races and Spells for your setting  (Read 508 times)

Offline dirsceol

• View Profile
Custom Classes, Races and Spells for your setting
« on: February 10, 2014, 06:16:25 AM »
Has anybody used the Libram Novus to make custom classes, races and spells for your own settings? Is so, how did it go and would you share what you did?

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 02:24:37 PM »
I believe that Fidoric has (I am sure he will respond sooner or later)...

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 09:22:59 PM »
Yes I have done some classes and a lizard men race so far. I do not have access to my notes this evening but I will do my best to share them ASAP.

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 02:48:47 PM »
Dirsceol,
You will find in attachment some stuff I have created so far.
The spells were designed for a Dragon Age campaign.
Most of the professions were made during the beta test. Some (the monk, the beastmaster) were propositions for a LN additional content. Others have not make it to a LN and are just ideas. You may find them sketchy. For  example, some of them were made as semi-casters and somehow, I got it into my head that semis should have a handful of spells. It turned out I was wrong and semis do have access to twice that amount. I have never gone back to give them additional spells (Griffin rider has only 4 spells for example) but it can easily be done either by using existing spells or creating new ones.
The Shadow has been completed and comes with 10 spells.
The Paladin is an attempt to create the archetypal plate armored holy warrior. He has only 4 spells but poses a problem: the cost for his professional abilities exceeds 25. The proposed solution is to reduce the CPs available at creation for someone using that profession. I think we discussed this at a time on this forum and it is that same solution that Tim has used for the unusual races.

Unearthing all that has given me an incentive to finish all that but I fear I won't have much time to do it... You can use / abuse them and modify them to suit your needs. If you come up with any refinement, don't hesitate to share !

[attachment[/attachment]

Offline dirsceol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 04:46:46 PM »
Fidoric,
       Thanks for sharing.  Novus looks so easily adaptable was interested to see how it was being used. Would be interesting for existing popular fantasy intellectual properties. Like, how Craft Games has adapted fantasy craft for the Sanderson Mistborn Novels.

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 06:33:03 PM »
BTW, I have not done any class creation since core rules release as the ones in the book are easily adaptable to most of my needs (with the possible exception of the Paladin).
I have been working on a Malazan book of the fallen conversion lately but very slowly. I should be able to do more soon. If you want to have a look at this starter or to try your hands on such an adaptation, there is a thread on that topic in the forum.