Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Novus digest version -- opinions wanted  (Read 213 times)

imported_Rasyr

Novus digest version -- opinions wanted
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 07:16:10 PM »
Character sheet done
TOC done
page references done
index -- formatting (75% done)

only thing left after the index is the cover....

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 02:35:01 PM »
Done!

Basically, all I have left to do is to insert the front and back covers into the PDF, and then save it. Then simply upload it to RPGNow for sale.

The Digest-sized version is going to be same price and functionality as is found in the Deluxe version (bookmarks, internal hyperlinks, plenty of art, full index, etc.).

Offline Sunwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 01:11:17 AM »
that was done super quick.
Is there a plan to eventually take the Librams and incorporate them into the digest version?

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 03:16:34 AM »

Is there a plan to eventually take the Librams and incorporate them into the digest version?

If the Digest version of Novus does okay, I may go ahead and reformat the Librams as well... While I actually got it done fairly quickly, it was a LOT of work, so I want to be sure that it will be worth it to put in that effort before I get too far along (i.e. give it a week or two, and then I will actually make a decision)

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 04:18:08 PM »
Took a look at Libram Novus #1 this morning... Wow.... I am sooo unclear on some things in that product....

If I rework it, I would need to actually rewrite it a bit to clarify things better.... (which would also mean redoing the main PDF as well, once I had things fixed up...

Offline bucephalos

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 05:11:47 PM »
I wanted to chime in that I really like the digest format for PDF viewing, and I like it in print as well. Personally I'm hoping to see the Liberi Novus as well. In fact, my ideal would be to put the collected libram novus books into one digest sized book in print and PDF, and see the digest format available as a print copy too.  I'd order 2 of each (one for me, one for the group) if that happened.

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 05:32:05 PM »
That is a really good thing to hear. Makes me lean more towards digest versions.

I will now definitely be looking into RPGNow's digest printing capabilities.

imported_Witchking20k

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 09:17:12 PM »
I'm so anti technology that I read digest and think food...

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 09:48:52 PM »
well, think 7" tablet-sized, as that is what I am actually referring to... (for the most part)...

If you have a print copy of the old ICE product, Nightmares of Mine, that is basically the size we are talking about..

imported_Witchking20k

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 01:45:24 PM »
I know i was just joking...but 7" is a personal pizza....part of the reason I am still playing RPGs is to step away from technology as entertainment and get back to a face to face social environment.  I find that is the appeal for many of the newer players as well

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 02:59:29 PM »
Quite possibly true, but I also believe in providing as many ways for a potential customer to acquire the product in a format to suit them (if I could ever get a decent epub version put together, I would release that as well.. heheh)

imported_Witchking20k

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 04:54:22 PM »
Absolutely- as a tool its great!