Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Update on Novus 2.0  (Read 72 times)

imported_Rasyr

Update on Novus 2.0
« on: March 05, 2019, 10:09:20 AM »
I am adding the Dwelf as a race (it will be in next playtest version, but not in the Beta).

I am also working on doing some automation in an excel spreadsheet for making critters, and in doing so, I have come across a few small errors here and there in Cultures, and Background (Training Paths are next up to put into a Table).

If my playtesters do not have much feedback on the beta file soon, I may end up releasing it next week (possibly even earlier). I figure $2 for a barebones beta would be about right. Then give is a month or 3 for feedback from those who purchase it, before I put together the final product(s), as I will have plenty to create multiple books to expand the system (I am even considering an all-in-one book as well, but that is a thought for much later.)

Offline AresLunthar

• View Profile
Update on Novus 2.0
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 11:37:24 AM »
I for one have not had much of an opportunity to play-test yet FYI.  I play once/week.  Not sure what everyone else's situation is. 

imported_Rasyr

Update on Novus 2.0
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 03:47:55 AM »
Right now, I want to focus on making sure that the Beta is ready to release, so that we can get more folks playing and testing it.

Overall, I feel that Novus 2.0 is quite solid as things go. Most of the recent things have been minor tweaks at most to what I had completed before real life took me away for a couple of years (wow! I had not realized exactly how much time had passed).

Once it is out there, then I can actually slow things down, because separating the playtest doc into components and then rewriting each one to stand alone is going to take quite a bit of time.

Offline AresLunthar

• View Profile
Update on Novus 2.0
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 03:06:02 PM »
Sounds good.

imported_Rasyr

Update on Novus 2.0
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 12:08:45 AM »
I have renamed the Dual Mage to the Magus.

I want to rename the Dual Weaponist as well and am trying to come up with what I think might be a cool name.

I found the following on Wikipedia (highlighting was mine)

One of the oldest mentions of dual wielding are the gladiator style known as dimachaerus, where a gladiator would use two swords of the same length, sometimes straight and sometimes crooked midways up the blade.

Now, I like the idea of the first part of the name being "Di", and I looked up the meaning

a prefix occurring in loanwords from Greek, where it meant "two," "twice," "double" ( diphthong ); on this model, freely used in the formation of compound words ( dicotyledon; dipolar ) and in chemical terms ( diatomic; disulfide ).

So we could extrapolate, Dual Weapon to be Di-xxxx, and I was thinking Warrior, but limiting to just the first syllable.
So that would give us Diwar
but that is actually Cornish for 2 legs.. hehe, so a llight mutation and we get Diwahr

This our Dual Weaponist becomes the Diwahr, and it gives the training path a bit more flavor overall.

Thoughts?

imported_Rasyr

Update on Novus 2.0
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 12:13:33 AM »
Oh, and I am also trying to come up with a hybrid spell user for the Spirit Magic School (and Spirit Warrior is a bit too on the nose, I think). As well as a focus for him as well.

Offline Sunwolf

• View Profile
Update on Novus 2.0
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 04:25:04 PM »
Been horribly busy of late so haven't had a chance to look much over  :'(
Taking a break from working on taxes for a little bit right now.  Once those are done I should be able to look at it a bit more, so hopefully next week.