Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Spell Costs  (Read 56 times)

imported_Rasyr

Spell Costs
« on: May 07, 2019, 07:08:22 AM »
One of the things that I have noticed as I go through things here.

There are some discrepancies between Libram Novus#1 and the spell costs in the 2.0 PDFs.

So, I will be updating the Spell Creation rules accordingly for Novus 2.0 and also going through and reworking all of the spells accordingly. So far, it appears that may reduce the casting costs on a number of them (some of the spells, I am also rewriting to better fit the rules in Novus 2.0 (for example, the Flash spell originally disorients the target and the Save TN listed is actually higher than it should be, and one of the scaling options is to Stun the foe instead (stun equal no actions - which is from Novus 1st ed).

So in the reworked version, the Casting TN is less (down to 17, instead of 22) (and so is the cost to purchase the spell), and the foe would now be dazed, and it can be increased to Stun or to Stagger.

I am also going to remove all of the options for increasing the TN of a spell, and we will go with the Save TN simply being 14+Fatigue used to case the spell (thus the scaled up spells would be inherently harder to resist (as well as being harder to cast).

Offline AresLunthar

• View Profile
Spell Costs
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 11:35:39 PM »
Love that