Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Lantyr - potential default setting  (Read 90 times)

imported_Rasyr

Lantyr - potential default setting
« on: June 19, 2019, 10:06:21 AM »

The idea here would be to incorporate the setting into the core rules, allowing for a place to begin adventures. And being relatively smallish, this could provide that.

[img]http://www.firehawkgames.biz/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Lantyr.png[/img]

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 10:12:30 AM »
Ok, so everything on the western side of the river to the west of the Myrri Forest, and the western side of the river to the west of Verdyri Woods is hostile

those rivers are the boundries.

Myrri Forest is ihhabited by Dwelfs, who do not any enter their forsests (hence why the trail go around, except for the short trail to the trading outpost)

Verdyri = Green Elves = Wood Elves
Sylvari = Silver Elvers = High Elves
Each race of elves has a hue to their skin to match their color)

Kragmorn - dwarven lands
Kongji Temple - place to learn Martial Arts....

still lots to do..

Offline old man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 10:29:56 PM »

Neat map. I gather intentionally small - looks like about 2 days across (horse or so) and what 4-5 days N-S?

Cool,
Andrew

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 03:04:50 AM »
Yup, the idea is to have a small setting that could be included in the core book to allow a starting point for adventures.

Here is the next version of that map

[img]http://www.firehawkgames.biz/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Lantyr-1.png[/img]

Quick & dirty history..........
The island used to be larger, but was struck by a meteor of magical nature ages ago. This sundered the island from reality, so that it no longer belongs to any single dimension.

In the past couple of hundred years, a few races have settled upon the island.

Kragmorn - a Dwarven nation. In addition to mining, they also have a strong navy (something you do not usually see among dwarves). The Sea-Faring Dwarves shave off the majority of their beards and hair. On their heads, they are either bald or wear their hair in a single strong braid. Instead of normal dwarven beards, they will have from 1 to 4 braids (depending on age and station) and these braids are never more than 6 inches in length.

Cyrstaline Wastelands - this is where the meateor struck, hence the nearly complete circle of mountains. While most of the wastelands are sand, there can occasionally be found crystals which are able to be forged into magical weapons (only by using magic, they are so strong)

The Myrri Forest is home to the Myrri Treewraiths, a community of dwelfs who do not allow any to enter their forest (hence why the trail goes around it on the bad side if the river). The do allow traders to visit the trading outpost. Their culture is a mix of arboreal and subterranean, they make homes both high in the trees and under them.

Zhubroch -- Home of the Ethori Gnomes. They are tinkers and love to experiment with new things. It is rumored that they have even developed a mechanical device that can kill at range (i.e. guns).

Verdyri Woods -- Home to the Verdyri Elves (also known as the Green or Wood Elves).

Sylvari Weald -- Home to the Sylvari (Silver or High) Elves.

Each race of elves have a tint to their skin that matches their "color" name. The Sylvari sometimes even seem to "glow" in low light, but this is a trick of the light, as it is simply reflecting off them a slight bit more.

Atlonz -- This is the main human settlement, but many others also live there.

Offline AresLunthar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 11:41:54 AM »
I like it.  My time is at a premium right now but as you develop stuff further I'll try and hash out adventure hooks based on locales. 

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 02:39:26 AM »
Yup, the idea is a quasi-generic setting that can be part of the core book, but allows for expansion into other settings, such as Tyrlon or others, without being specifically tied to any single one.

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 10:40:41 AM »
I am going to cry now

was working on village/town maps for Lantyr, and apparently saved the map image over the map of Lantyr. so it is gone....

Now I have to remake it, so no surprises if it comes up a little differently (not much, but it will not be identical)

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 03:24:50 AM »
Okay I am back to where I was before (with a few additions/improvements. For example using the actual cliff assets to make the map.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 09:45:18 AM by Rasyr »