Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Roll20 - Novus  (Read 65 times)

Offline AresLunthar

• View Profile
Roll20 - Novus
« on: July 29, 2019, 11:55:24 PM »
So, I've been dabbling in Roll20 for a few weeks now and just ran my first full on game using it.  I wonder if it might make sense to write some of the rules for Novus 2.0 with Roll20 (or a similar 3rd party virtual table top) in mind and release a rule set exclusive to it?

imported_Rasyr

Roll20 - Novus
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 05:43:17 AM »
I have just been playing around with it, and I am not seeing anything that might need to have special rules written for it. The main thing that applies, IMO, are the rear and flank rules (which I use a hex for in my examples, but Roll20 seems to use squares instead).

Now, I could see creating some Novus Macros for dice rolling and a Character sheet for it. Those would definitely be useful.

Offline AresLunthar

• View Profile
Roll20 - Novus
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 09:46:34 AM »
Agreed.  You can change the map to hex based too if you want- I just left it on squares.  I think I was envisioning a "lite" novus presented for use in roll20; so, you'd color code your AB, DT, and Hits to coordinate with the "bubbles" on a character.  Almost like a version that has character creation stripped out of it and is a plug and play intro to dice rolling and your world.