Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Novus 2.0 Updates  (Read 51 times)

imported_Rasyr

Novus 2.0 Updates
« on: February 16, 2020, 04:47:54 PM »
Spell System....

I have decided not to massively change the spell system like I had wanted to before. I still want to, but that system will take a lot more time to develop and it will need a good bit of testing before it is ready.

SO I am back to recosting the existing spells, and am now a bit more than half way through all of them.

One thing that I did realize is that I had a LOT of repetative text in there, especially for the Arc/Bolt spells and the Ball/Cone Spells. With each spell taking a half page or more, and most of it identical to all the other spells of the same time. I had an "Aha!" moment.

I took all the repetative text and cut it from the spells themselves, replacing it with "See p. xx for more information on Attack Spells." and then moving and reworking what I had cut into a single section (with 2 sub-sections, 1 for Arc spells, 1 for Ball spells) earlier in the chapter, which will allow me to save space overall!

Woot!

Offline AresLunthar

• View Profile
Novus 2.0 Updates
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 10:54:43 AM »
Cool- Is there going to be a new play test version available soon?

imported_Rasyr

Novus 2.0 Updates
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 06:35:47 PM »
Hopefully.... Once I get the spells reworked, I can then start working on the PDFs, to make sure that they have been updated.