Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Alternate Anwyn Map  (Read 348 times)

Online Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Alternate Anwyn Map
« on: April 12, 2021, 10:44:05 PM »
Ok, I am considering setting Anwyn a bit earlier than before. And in doing so, I have made some alterations to the map.

For example, fewer towns and cities, and  most all of the races in the Tir Tuath region

The Orks will now be called the Orkori (pronounced or-kor-ee -- called "orcs" by those who are ignorant or uneducated - in setting that is). Since the Orkori are semi-nomadic, their land is just "Tir Orkori" or "Land of the Orkori"

The Dwelfs start off in Duinn Weald (Dark Forest), and have only recently moved most of their population up to Wraithwood.

Mirrhyc serves as a trading outpost with the Orkori

The Dwarven Mountains are now called such because they are smaller than the other range, and they are seperated by a long hilly valley in the Orkori lands.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 08:37:49 AM by Rasyr »

Online Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Alternate Anwyn Map
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 08:07:10 AM »
Thoughts? Comments?

Online Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Alternate Anwyn Map
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 12:56:24 PM »
Please note that I have made some more refinements to the Anwyn map. Will update the main post in a minute.

Online Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Alternate Anwyn Map
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 12:59:31 PM »
And here is another map, with the race/nation regions marked

The city on the eastern coast of Aelftyr is called Yntys (pronounced yahn tis) and it is often referred to as a destination in referencing it, so folks would say "at Yntys", and so in human languages on earth, that would later become corrupted in such a way that many thought "at" was part of its name and thus would refer to it as "At Yntys" or even more corrupted as "Atlantis" --

Just a little tidbit on how my mind works.....
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 09:44:51 AM by Rasyr »

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
Alternate Anwyn Map
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 04:55:05 PM »
This map looks gorgeous. Well done Tim. As to the shift in timeline, not sure about what this changes. Hyb Ciuinhas disappeared from the map. Is it a direct sequel?

Online Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Alternate Anwyn Map
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 01:37:48 PM »
I may put Hyb Ciuin back, it depends on how the new timeline works out.

The problem was that I would have to do about 700 years of history or so for the original map to make any sort of sense, and if that were the case, then there would have been a LOT more exploration and settlement.

Now, if I make it just over 100 years or so (perhaps having Hyb Ciuin being built about 5-10 years before the start (with about a 5 year construction, with LOTS of workers, so that "secret" things could be snuk into the construction as well.

I also still have to fix the subtitle forĀ  Tir Pherygl (it says Land of the Jeopardy - so I need to remove "the" from it).

The addition of Monster Pass also works as well since it gives another pathway up into the Highlands, and it makes Mirrhyc more important overall as well, as a trade town and as a jumping off point for adventure, and a much more logical place for Orcs to mingle with outsiders (and the taxes for entry into their lands offers a nice bonus as well, it goes into trade goods.

I am also establishing that Tir Tuath is filled with ruins from other civilizations as well, just not active ones, thus my starter adventure will still work, though I can now change the location also to one of several towns. In fact, putting it north of Na-Rukag allows me to situate it a valley of the eartern spur of the Barrier Mountains, which would work out good as well, since the Monster Pass allows for monsters from the Highlands to seep into the Barrier Mountains.