Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Wizlair is alive!  (Read 376 times)

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wizlair is alive!
« on: November 15, 2021, 12:10:30 PM »
Late last year, my personal website crashed, so hard that I lost everything and I was so upset over it, that I simply did nothing with it for about a year (other than put a temp page saying "under construction"

Well,

over the weekend, I rebuilt the site using SMF and TinyPortal. You can see it over here -- https://wizlair.net/index.php

The question is --- do I want to try rebuiling the FHG website in a similar manner?

opinions welcome (it would mean losing all these forum posts (sort of/possibly), but it would be using the better forum software and still be fully integrated.....

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
Wizlair is alive!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 01:09:50 PM »
The current FHG site is fine IMO but I know nothing about site building. Losing the threads would be a big downside though. If it cannot be avoided, I say don't take the risk.

I cannot log in using my Fidoric username. Not sure if it is the right one. Or maybe we have to register anew?

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wizlair is alive!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 01:16:43 PM »
you have to register on it again, since I had to build it from scratch.

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wizlair is alive!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 01:45:43 PM »
And it looks like SMF DOES have a converter from bbpress (these forums).

Basically, what I would do is to create the new site in a sub-domain, and get it up and running and all properly formatted and such before I imported the forums posts and made it live (i.e. moving everything from sub-domain to live domain...)