Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Sample Characters  (Read 268 times)

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
Sample Characters
« on: November 03, 2023, 07:08:55 AM »
I open this thread to post some examples of how characters are build under current rules version (0.10c).
The first ones are both build with different vocation kits (archer/scout for one, cavalier/champion for the other).
Feel free to use them, to add some other ones or to ask any question about character creations.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 02:18:20 PM by Fidoric »

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sample Characters
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 07:40:38 AM »
I should have the Pregen layout form done this weekend sometime...

Offline Arnwald

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 10:37:47 AM »
Love the idea of including some pre-gens in the core product IOT ease new players into the system.

As a corollary to this, and based on a comment made in the other thread, a PC sheet with embedded auto-calculation would be well received I suspect. But I also recognize this requires underlying code to be added.

Related, the ERA tools available via drivethrurpg for Rolemaster and VsD are a nice 'selling' point for players who are migrating from (arguably) 'easier' systems or wanting a companion app to help automate calculations. Something to consider, perhaps (?).

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 10:50:44 AM »
Love the idea of including some pre-gens in the core product IOT ease new players into the system.

Putting some in the core rules could be problematic, due to space (I am already looking at a 300 page product, a lot larger than I have ever done before)

Having said that, I do have some official Pre-Gens over in the playtest forums, which I will be adding as part of a QuickStart type of product (example adventure, some pre-gens, and the basic rules needed to play that adventure...)

As a corollary to this, and based on a comment made in the other thread, a PC sheet with embedded auto-calculation would be well received I suspect. But I also recognize this requires underlying code to be added.

Yes, and VERY tedious and time consuming process, plus acrobat often has some quirks about when it does its calculations (even if all I am doing is adding lines of numbers together, and not auto-populating based on choices made (actually easier to do that in excel.. heheh)

Related, the ERA tools available via drivethrurpg for Rolemaster and VsD are a nice 'selling' point for players who are migrating from (arguably) 'easier' systems or wanting a companion app to help automate calculations. Something to consider, perhaps (?).

Yeah, EWRA would be cool, if I knew how to make it (I believe it is mostly XML), I would do so, the other option is finding somebody who likes the system willing to do it for a cut of any sales profits (i.e. I would set up DriveThru to pay them automatically).

Offline Arnwald

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023, 09:14:15 AM »
All fair responses and fully appreciate the fact extra functionalities or tools require time & effort (which I suspect none of us have much of).

I tracked down the creator of ERA if there is ever an interest to pursue:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/maximiliano-tabacman-9aa4b817b/?originalSubdomain=ar

Quite honestly, the ERA solutions developed for both Rolemaster and VsD are a little on the clunky side and so there is perhaps some risk in offering something which may be criticized by the community. On the flip side, there will always be fans of tools which help with the development and management of characters and/or combat. This is especially true for folks who sadly have so little time to devote to the hobby. I recognize this may be a 'bridge too far' but thought I would offer that up for consideration regardless. Your call, of course.

I am very interested in testing the system out soon. We will try and fit that in between our ongoing Conan (Modiphius/2d20) campaign. Under which thread should I report back?

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2023, 09:17:37 AM »
We will try and fit that in between our ongoing Conan (Modiphius/2d20)

Hey, not too soon! Cassius does not want to die!  ;D

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 02:17:17 PM »
Characters in the first post updated to take into account last modifications. Weapons and armors values have been changed as of version 10c. Ferdirion now has 3 cantrips to use.

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2023, 03:45:22 PM »
should have the pre-gen form ready for you soon.

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 07:11:13 AM »
Here is the pregen layout form

Offline Fidoric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2023, 07:58:32 AM »
And here are two of the characters for our group next adventures.

Offline Rasyr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2023, 08:01:08 AM »
And here are two of the characters for our group next adventures.

You should upload them to the Downloads section, along with some descriptions of who they are.  :)