Main Menu

Anwyn

Novus 2nd Edition

Novus 1st Edition

Author Topic: Question about Orichalcum  (Read 485 times)

Maestro

Question about Orichalcum
« on: January 18, 2019, 05:08:06 PM »
Hello everyone,
  I need some clarification on the bonuses for Orichalcum. If one of my players were to have some Orichalcum bracers and greaves made, do both the bracers and greaves give a +1 to DEF and +1 to armor, for a total of +2 def and +2 armor? Or am I misunderstanding that?

Offline AresLunthar

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 05:47:05 PM »
+1 DEF & +1 AR (armor being calculated as a pair).

Maestro

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 09:38:45 PM »
Right. I understand the bonus applies to both armor and defense. What I'm trying to figure out is does it add that bonus per piece. So a full suit of level 1 Orichalcum gives +4 def and +4 armor (+1 def and armor each for the helmet, breastplate, Bracers, and greaves.) If so, that would mean that a full suit of level 3 Orichalcum would give a wopping +12 def and armor.
  Or rather, does the bonus not apply until the whole suit of armor is Orichalcum? If this is the case, why would you have only select armor pieces made with Orichalcum?

Offline AresLunthar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 12:39:35 AM »
Yes- ot adds to the whole set of armor.  Crazy, right?  LOL

imported_Rasyr

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 05:40:32 AM »
Ok, in Novus, on page 117, the list only lists a full suit of Orichalcum.

The max bonus for a full suit is +3.

Therefore for just Bracers, I would say that they give the +3 ONLY to the Called Shots and ratings for metal bracers are 1/6, so that would make them 1/9, and for teh full armor bonus, 1.5/9, rounding it off, 2/9 for +3 Orichalcum Bracers.

At least that is how I would figure it. (and yes the bonus is ONLY for the pair)